Join Brian Wood for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding site navigation, part of Squarespace 7 Essential Training.
- As you create your pages, you will need to be…mindful of how the user will navigate…between those different pages.…So, what I want to do is, I want to look at…how you can set up the navigation…for the site to better reflect the way…you want people to go about the site.…The BWT link here, which is actually just an external URL,…I want this to go on the button over there.…I want this to go on the end, for instance.…If you look at your pages over here,…you're gonna see that some of the pages…have a little arrow to the far right.…If you click on that little arrow,…you're just toggling them closed.…
You'll notice that each one of these sections within,…you can see right here, the index or the folder.…Now, if we come to one of these,…what we can do is, we can simply drag them in order.…So if you drag this one right here,…and drag it down far enough,…and drop it at the bottom here and let go,…you'll notice what it does to your…navigation out there once it refreshes.…There we go.…Now, if you look at the navigation,…you're gonna see that our homepage,…
- Editing your profile, site logo, and site title
- Changing the template
- Adding custom CSS and Typekit fonts
- Setting up pages
- Understanding site navigation
- Editing content: banners, footers, text, images, and more
- Adding a gallery block
- Adding a blog
- Upgrading your Squarespace plan
- Creating a custom domain
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Squarespace
2. Site Settings
3. Editing Styles
4. Setting Up Pages and Navigation
5. Editing Page Content
6. Add a Gallery
7. Add a Blog
8. Extra Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.