Join Brian Wood for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding page types, part of Squarespace 7 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- When it comes time to add pages to our site,…Squarespace has a lot of different types of pages…you can work with to display…your different types of content.…It's important to understand each type of page,…so let's take a look at those page types.…I'm gonna show you each type using a different site…I created, so it won't match what you see.…This is kind of a finalized version.…When you log into your site,…you can look right here and see pages.…If I click on that, the way it's set up in Squarespace is…we generate or create pages and the pages become…part of our navigation.…
You're gonna notice there's a little house icon…next to one of these which indicates…that this is the homepage.…Now what I've done is I've created this series…of different types of pages just to give you a feel…for what each one is.…If we wanna add pages to our site, we click the +.…The + allows us to create a different page.…Now there are three, six, nine, 10 different kinds of pages…you can create and they each serve a different purpose.…
- Editing your profile, site logo, and site title
- Changing the template
- Adding custom CSS and Typekit fonts
- Setting up pages
- Understanding site navigation
- Editing content: banners, footers, text, images, and more
- Adding a gallery block
- Adding a blog
- Upgrading your Squarespace plan
- Creating a custom domain
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Squarespace
2. Site Settings
3. Editing Styles
4. Setting Up Pages and Navigation
5. Editing Page Content
6. Add a Gallery
7. Add a Blog
8. Extra Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.