Join Brian Wood for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding demo content, part of Squarespace 7 Essential Training.
- I wanna talk a little bit about the demo content…that comes with a template, and talk about how to…remove or delete some of the pages,…which also means we need to talk about…how to define a new homepage as well.…So if you log into your site, come over here on the left,…you're gonna see the PAGES category, click on PAGES,…now like I mentioned in the previous video,…whenever you set up a template and you start working,…you're gonna notice that you have demo content in there,…ok, and that kinda makes sense, because, well, you know,…if it was blank, you'd be uninspired, right?…You're gonna see here that we have a Wedding page,…if you click down here you're gonna see a Location page,…and you're gonna see everything under here like…Travel, Accommodations, et cetera.…
Those are subsections.…We have a Gifts page, and we have an RSVP page.…You'll also notice that if we look at the navigation up here…the number of pages and the pages that we have,…tied directly to the navigation.…Matter of fact, if you hover over the navigation…
- Editing your profile, site logo, and site title
- Changing the template
- Adding custom CSS and Typekit fonts
- Setting up pages
- Understanding site navigation
- Editing content: banners, footers, text, images, and more
- Adding a gallery block
- Adding a blog
- Upgrading your Squarespace plan
- Creating a custom domain
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Squarespace
2. Site Settings
3. Editing Styles
4. Setting Up Pages and Navigation
5. Editing Page Content
6. Add a Gallery
7. Add a Blog
8. Extra Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.