Join Brian Wood for an in-depth discussion in this video Sign up and log in, part of Squarespace 7 Essential Training.
- The first step in creating a Squarespace site…is to set up a trial account that allows you…to work with Squarespace for 14 days.…You can even extend that seven more days,…possibly, I've had that happen.…So when you're ready to take your site live,…you can upgrade the site from a trial…to a paid, any time before the trial is over.…So open up a browser and come to squarespace.com,…and here you're gonna see we have "GET STARTED,"…this button right here.…What this is gonna do is gonna say okay,…we're gonna get this going, we're not gonna…create a trial account right this second,…but we're going to go through a couple steps…and eventually get there.…
The first thing that Squarespace wants you to do…is choose a template.…It's kind of interesting.…You can change this any time, and it's really interesting…because when you pick a template,…you really want to pick the right one,…because each one of these templates,…as well-designed as they might be,…they each have different nuances and different features…and settings and styling that you can use…
- Editing your profile, site logo, and site title
- Changing the template
- Adding custom CSS and Typekit fonts
- Setting up pages
- Understanding site navigation
- Editing content: banners, footers, text, images, and more
- Adding a gallery block
- Adding a blog
- Upgrading your Squarespace plan
- Creating a custom domain
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Squarespace
2. Site Settings
3. Editing Styles
4. Setting Up Pages and Navigation
5. Editing Page Content
6. Add a Gallery
7. Add a Blog
8. Extra Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.