Join Brian Wood for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing the prefooter and footer, part of Squarespace 7 Essential Training.
- Now that you know a bit about content blocks,…we can begin to add them to our site.…One of the first things I edit,…usually after the header, or the banner up top,…is the pre-footer and the footer content.…So, in this video, you're gonna remove and add…a few content blocks to your pages.…If you scroll down on the About Us page,…which we're on, you'll see that hovering over right above…this black area called the footer, is the pre-footer.…And down here, you're gonna see we have…the footer is broken up into a couple sections.…We have this navigation block,…which we created because we created…this "SECONDARY NAVIGATION" which we can…add a lot to if we want to.…
Down here, this content is the company…information that we entered in the settings,…and you're gonna see, right down here…is technically the footer content.…Now, if we want to edit content,…once again, we can click on "Edit"…when we hover over an area.…It's gonna say, "Okay, let's go in and start to do this."…We're now editing the footer content.…You'll notice that I can go in,…
- Editing your profile, site logo, and site title
- Changing the template
- Adding custom CSS and Typekit fonts
- Setting up pages
- Understanding site navigation
- Editing content: banners, footers, text, images, and more
- Adding a gallery block
- Adding a blog
- Upgrading your Squarespace plan
- Creating a custom domain
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Squarespace
2. Site Settings
3. Editing Styles
4. Setting Up Pages and Navigation
5. Editing Page Content
6. Add a Gallery
7. Add a Blog
8. Extra Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.