Join Brian Wood for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing page banners, part of Squarespace 7 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Each of the templates you work with,…comes with different features that you can edit.…And the Anya template allows you to have…what's called a page banner on your pages.…And well actually, a lot of templates do.…Right here is an example of it,…you have an image, it could be a slideshow,…couple of things here,…with some text or not.…This can be really useful for displaying text and imagery…that stretches to fit the page width.…Now in this video, I want to explore…how to add and how to edit a banner image.…Now we're not gonna start here on the index page,…'cause this is kind of a little different animal.…
What I wanna do is, I wanna go to another page,…like About Us.…This is just a page, if you look at the icon.…So go ahead and click on that to go to it.…And you'll see that when you start with…a blank page for instance,…you can see we have site title, we have Navigation,…and if you bring your cursor down in the middle here,…you're gonna see Page Content.…We have a big blank area to stick our stuff in.…Now, here you're gonna see what's called…
- Editing your profile, site logo, and site title
- Changing the template
- Adding custom CSS and Typekit fonts
- Setting up pages
- Understanding site navigation
- Editing content: banners, footers, text, images, and more
- Adding a gallery block
- Adding a blog
- Upgrading your Squarespace plan
- Creating a custom domain
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Squarespace
2. Site Settings
3. Editing Styles
4. Setting Up Pages and Navigation
5. Editing Page Content
6. Add a Gallery
7. Add a Blog
8. Extra Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.