Learn how to add price, tool, and time variants to the workshop service product in Squarespace.
- (instructor) So we've created our first workshop. It's the ice sculpting workshop here, but there's some variations that we might need to add. If you took a look at the workshop itself, just click on it to go inside of it, you'll see here that we have, this workshop is running on September 10th, two time slots. That is not specified here, we have no idea how that registered for one slot or another. And if you read the description here, you'll see that there is an extra fee of $25 for the rental tools needed to sculpt ice if you plan to participate.
So, it could be that you have tools, or maybe you need tools, and so this is another option that we might need to add to this particular workshop. We need to add these items as options. Let's go on ahead and get that done. You can go ahead and just click on edit to go ahead and edit this particular item, and the item that we want to edit is here in the pricing and variants. So these options are called variants, and they're very straightforward to add to the website. So, right now we have a variant of pricing, we have a variant of stock.
We can continue to add these variants here across the top. These are like, kind of like columns. So, here it's going to be ice tools, is an option. Do they need them, or do they have them? And then we also have another option here of start time. So, when are we starting this particular workshop? So, in the case of this first one here, the ice tools will be I have my own tools and the start time will be 9:30 a.m., okay.
So, this is great if you have your own tools and you wanna start at nine thirty, then you're all set and ready to go. Otherwise, we need to give you some more options. So flip down here, this plus sign, this is gonna give us more of these numbers, these SKU numbers. And so, you can change the option here from, I have my own tools, well we'll just leave that one in place. We'll change our start time to 2:00 p.m. Then we're gonna add another one of these, and instead of I have my own tools, it will be I need to rent tools with a 2:00 p.m. start time, and I need to rent tools with a 9:30 a.m. start time.
So there is technically all of our workshops. They have different variations on them. Now, when they need to rent tools, that was an extra $25 fee. So we need to change our pricing here from $100 to $125. So we'll just go on ahead and do that here. The last part you wanna think about is stock. So, if there's only 20 slots to work with, you don't know how many people are gonna need to rent tools, or are gonna have them. This might be something, it's small enough workshop here that you can just watch these numbers.
You may need to change the outstanding seats that are left, depending on the mix of people that you get between those who need tools and those who don't. So just keep an eye on it as people are registering. Alright, so when you've got that done go ahead and say save, and your product page should refresh. And now you'll see that is says the pricing is from $100. And then if we choose I have my own tools and we want to start at nine thirty, that price goes to just $100, no more from, just straight $100.
If we go to I need to rent tools, then the price changes here. Note, too, that the start time so forth, we could change the price of the workshop depending on enrollment. If we have the 2:00 p.m. slot is almost full, but no one wants to come at nine thirty, maybe we wanna offer a discount for the nine thirty slot and make that a little bit cheaper to try to get more people in the door. There's all kinds of things that you can do here, with these particular variants, and their effect on pricing.
- Planning your Squarespace online store
- Creating product listings for physical goods
- Configuring shipping and creating discounts
- Create product listings and stores for digital goods
- Create product listings and stores for service-based products
- Adding a workshop as a service product
- Configuring payments and emails for physical, digital, and service products