Join Brian Wood for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding and formatting text, part of Squarespace 7 Essential Training.
- Working with text in a web page…is something you're gonna do a lot.…And it's important to understand the ins and outs…of formatting text, and where you can apply…that formatting, either in the page…or in the style editor, while previewing the site.…So make sure you've got your "About Us" page open,…and what I've done is I've created a little…text file that you can open outside of Squarespace,…outside of your browser if you want,…and we're gonna copy paste the text from this.…So I'm gonna go ahead and Copy that,…why don't you go ahead and do the same,…select it all and Copy it.…
Come back over to Squarespace and you're gonna see…that we have our page content here,…and if you click "EDIT," we can edit the content,…and you'll actually see that this is currently a text block,…so put your cursor in "This is the content,"…go ahead and select that content and delete it.…We can just go ahead and paste if we want to,…or if you look up here you're gonna see…that we have "Paste as plain text."…Pasting will try and keep some of the formatting.…
- Editing your profile, site logo, and site title
- Changing the template
- Adding custom CSS and Typekit fonts
- Setting up pages
- Understanding site navigation
- Editing content: banners, footers, text, images, and more
- Adding a gallery block
- Adding a blog
- Upgrading your Squarespace plan
- Creating a custom domain
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Squarespace
2. Site Settings
3. Editing Styles
4. Setting Up Pages and Navigation
5. Editing Page Content
6. Add a Gallery
7. Add a Blog
8. Extra Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.