Join Brian Wood for an in-depth discussion in this video Add a domain, part of Squarespace 7 Essential Training.
- After your site is live,…it's no longer a trial,…and people can access it,…'cause right now…because I upgraded,…because I'm actually paying per month now,…or for yearly,…whatever you did.…People can now go to this URL…and actually access it.…There's no longer that, "Are you an admin,…"or are you just a user, a browser?"…So, they're gonna be able to go right to the site.…The problem is…that URL is not very readable.…Okay, and to some people it's kind of rough.…So Squarespace allows you to add a custom domain…to your site after you upgrade from a trial,…and if you pay yearly,…like I mentioned in a previous video,…Squarespace gives you a free custom domain.…
If you pay monthly,…you need to go get it yourself from a third party.…In this lesson, I'll just take you through the steps…to add a domain.…So once you're logged in here…and you're paid...…Okay, you may not do this until later on.…Okay, you might just want to watch…if you're still in trial mode,…if you haven't gone through that process.…You can come to Settings here…
- Editing your profile, site logo, and site title
- Changing the template
- Adding custom CSS and Typekit fonts
- Setting up pages
- Understanding site navigation
- Editing content: banners, footers, text, images, and more
- Adding a gallery block
- Adding a blog
- Upgrading your Squarespace plan
- Creating a custom domain
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Squarespace
2. Site Settings
3. Editing Styles
4. Setting Up Pages and Navigation
5. Editing Page Content
6. Add a Gallery
7. Add a Blog
8. Extra Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.