Join Brian Wood for an in-depth discussion in this video Add a blog page and configure, part of Squarespace 7 Essential Training.
- In this section, we're gonna talk about…adding a blog to our Squarespace site.…Using a blog component in our Squarespace site…can be in the form of a blog page.…This allows you to add posts that can…contain all kinds of information,…and depending on the template you choose,…those posts are displayed in different ways.…So let's get started.…With your site open here and with the pages showing,…what we need to do is we need to create…a new page specifically for the blog.…So click on the plus here in main navigation…and you're gonna see in here, we will see Blog right there.…
Go ahead and click Blog to create a new page.…We're just gonna call this Blog and keep it really simple.…If I press enter or return after naming it,…it should take you to the actual blog page.…Now the first thing we're gonna do here in this video…aside from adding the blog page,…we're gonna add a little bit of configuration.…In the later videos, we're gonna go in…and add blog posts and work with comments, etcetera.…Once we create the blog page, you'll actually notice…
- Editing your profile, site logo, and site title
- Changing the template
- Adding custom CSS and Typekit fonts
- Setting up pages
- Understanding site navigation
- Editing content: banners, footers, text, images, and more
- Adding a gallery block
- Adding a blog
- Upgrading your Squarespace plan
- Creating a custom domain
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Squarespace
2. Site Settings
3. Editing Styles
4. Setting Up Pages and Navigation
5. Editing Page Content
6. Add a Gallery
7. Add a Blog
8. Extra Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.