Join Brian Wood for an in-depth discussion in this video About galleries, part of Squarespace 7 Essential Training.
- Image galleries or video galleries, or both,…are one of the more widely used…interactive pieces on websites these days.…And Squarespace allows you…to insert a gallery into an existing page…or even create an entire page, that's nothing but a gallery.…To start with, I just want you to understand…the difference between a gallery block…and a gallery page.…So we've got our site here…and if you take a look, when you come into…the MAIN NAVIGATION on the left over here,…we're in the PAGES section.…Click on the plus and you'll see…that we have a Gallery page.…
A Gallery page is basically just a gallery.…Meaning it's either images and/or video that have thumbnails…and when you click on one, it can show us a Lightbox,…show larger if you will,…and you can kind of go between the images.…Like Gallery pages are based on the template.…Which means that if the template has a lot of formatting,…Gallery pages can be really useful.…If a template doesn't have a lot of formatting,…like the Anya template we have,…Gallery pages can be a little bit less than useful.…
- Editing your profile, site logo, and site title
- Changing the template
- Adding custom CSS and Typekit fonts
- Setting up pages
- Understanding site navigation
- Editing content: banners, footers, text, images, and more
- Adding a gallery block
- Adding a blog
- Upgrading your Squarespace plan
- Creating a custom domain
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Squarespace
2. Site Settings
3. Editing Styles
4. Setting Up Pages and Navigation
5. Editing Page Content
6. Add a Gallery
7. Add a Blog
8. Extra Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.