Join Mary Ellen Bowman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Creating Your First RESTful Spring Boot Microservice with JPA (2016).
- [Instructor] If you have access to the Exercise Files of this course, you can download them to your desktop. In each chapter, there will be a Start and Finished folder. We will begin in the Start folder, and by the end of the chapter, we will have reached the code in the Finished folder. In the Finished folder, I have included additional comments for those who would like to just jump ahead to view it. If you're viewing this course on a mobile device, a set top device, or your membership doesn't provide access to the Exercise Files, that's okay.
I encourage you still to follow along as we go through the course. Now, let's get started.
- Setting up the project
- Building, deploying, and launch the microservice
- Declaring Spring Data JPA repository interfaces
- Invoking repositories
- Using Spring Data query methods
- Exposing RESTful APIs with Spring Data REST
- Using the /search resource to invoke query methods
- Paging and sorting
- Declaring a new REST controller
- Creating HTTP methods for creating, reading, updating and deleting persistent data.