This video looks at the Observer pattern from a conceptual level and how it is used in the framework.
- The first behavior pattern that we're going … to talk about is the observer pattern. … Now in Spring there's really one primary use case … of the observer pattern, … and that is when listening to changes … of the ApplicationContext. … And you can do that through the ApplicationListener … interface that will tell you if and when … the ApplicationContext changes. … Now this is more of an advanced topic in Spring, … and its not that often that you're going to do this. … But this is one use case of the observer pattern … in the Spring framework. … One sort of loose way that the observer pattern is used … in the Spring framework is the way JMS, … or Rabbit message listeners work. … It's a very loose interpretation cause it's … really a asynchronous call coming back, … but if you look at it logically it is … kind of the way that the observer pattern works. … So what is this observer pattern? … So first and foremost there is an object, … that's called a subject. … That maintains a list of observers, …
AuthorFrank P Moley III
- The patterns of the Spring framework
- Creational patterns in Spring
- The adapter and decorator pattern in action
- Structural patterns in Spring
- The repository pattern in action
- The observer, command, and mediator patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
What you should know1m 28s
1. Design Patterns and Spring
2. Creational Patterns in Spring
3. Structural Patterns in Spring
4. Operational Patterns in Spring
5. Other Framework Patterns in Spring
Next steps3m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.