- Why learn to create a real-time app?
- Developing a WebSocket server
- Creating message model objects and message controllers
- Handling errors
- Developing the browser client
- Broadcasting updates from the server
- Testing the WebSocket client
Skill Level Beginner
- [Shonna] Have you wanted to know how to develop a real-time app? If your answer is yes and you're an experienced Enterprise Java developer, you're in the right place. Hi, I'm Shonna Smith. I've been an Enterprise Java developer since the late '90s and have been using the Spring Framework since the early 2000s when it first came out. In this course, I'm gonna show you how to use the Spring Framework and the WebSocket API to make a chat app. I'll walk you through how to create the chat client as well as the chat server application code.