This video explains the first extension point of the Spring lifecycle, and one of the most commonly used aspects of the framework, the BeanFactoryPostProcessor.
- [Narrator] After all of the beans…have been loaded into the BeanFactory,…Spring takes a moment to process all of those beans,…and that's the step that we're going to discuss now.…When we look at the big picture of initialization,…you'll see that this occurs at the end of the loading…bean definitions part of the initialization phase.…BeanFactory Post-Processors perform their work…on the entire BeanFactory.…They can modify or transform any bean in the factory,…prior to its initialization or instantiation.…
The most familiar example of a BeanFactory Post-Processor,…is the PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer,…and we've been using this…in all of our examples up to this point,…you may not have realized it.…The PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer…takes property files, parces them, and injects the property…values into the bean before it's ever instantiated,…and that is the typical behavior…of what a BeanFactory Post-Processor will do.…It will modify any and all beans…that meet the criteria for its operation,…but it does so on a global level at the BeanFactory itself.…
AuthorFrank P Moley III
- Introduction to Spring
- Configuring the ApplicationContext
- Using the Spring expression language
- Configuring proxies
- Autowiring beans
- Using lifecycle methods
- Configuring beans with XML
- Understanding the initialization phases of the bean lifecycle
- Aspect-oriented programming and Spring
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Spring with Spring Bootwith Frank P Moley III1h 38m Intermediate
1. Spring Overview
2. Configuring the Application Context
3. Annotation-Based Configuration
4. XML-Based Configuration
5. Bean Lifecycle
6. Aspect Oriented Programming
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.