Discover how to easily implement JPA-based repositories using Spring Data JPA. Learn about the Spring Data Commons, JPA for object-relational mapping, querying with Spring Data, and more.
- Welcome to this course on Spring Data. The spring project for data store access. I'm Mary Ellen Bowman and I'll be leading you through this deep dive into Spring Data. Coding to databases can be tedious. It's often requiring repetitive, boilerplate code which is difficult to maintain, refactor, and debug. Upgrading applications to a different kind of data store typically results in massive code rewrites and developer reeducation. Spring Data addresses these issues by eliminating boilerplate code and abstracting data store interactions into a common repository API.
We'll begin with an overview of the Spring Data umbrella project and I'll walk you through some examples that use Spring Data JPA and Spring Data MongoDB and then look at other supported data store modules. We'll cover query methods and explore cool features. Such as Spring Data rest, query DSL and auditing. Let's dive in.
In this course, learn how to easily implement JPA-based repositories using Spring Data JPA. Mary Ellen Bowman describes the Spring Data umbrella project, and helps you understand JPA for object-relational mapping. She also covers querying, and dives into other Spring Data Commons features such as QueryDSL and auditing.
- Spring Data Commons
- Using JPA for object-relational mapping
- Declaring Spring Data Repositories
- Creating query methods with property expressions and @Query
- Query by example
- QueryDSL Spring Data Extension
- Spring Data REST
- Introduction to Spring Data Mongo
- Common pitfalls