This video provides an explanation of the Spring Boot revolution within the Spring Framework and why its opinionated view of Spring development makes sense and improves developer efficiency. It also discusses some of the opinions that will be leveraged in this project.
- [Instructor] Welcome to Spring Boot.…Spring Boot is the definitive project…within the Spring framework that really has taken…the Spring world by storm and revolutionized…how we build applications.…You may ask why is it so revolutionary?…And really it comes down to its ability to provide us…with rapid application development,…and it achieves this through the traditional Spring mantra…of removing the boilerplate code.…But in this case, it's not just traditional boilerplate code…that we're removing, it's all of that boilerplate code…and process that it takes to just get an application to run.…
Spring Boot also promotes cloud native or 12-factor…application development in the way that it's structured.…But the benefit of it is, is that it also can run…in its traditional environments.…At its default, Spring Boot produces an executable jar…that contains all of the dependencies needed…for your application to run.…However, you can package it as a war to deploy…to your traditional app server environment.…Now how does Spring Boot achieve…
- Creating a project with Spring Initializr
- Examining the Spring Boot skeleton project with Spring Data JPA
- Creating an embedded database for Spring Boot development and testing
- Building a service abstraction
- Using the IoC paradigm in Spring to develop a service layer
- Building a controller
- Testing a controller MockMvc
- Exposing a service layer through REST
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/06/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: creating a project with Spring Initializr, examining the Spring Boot skeleton project, developing a service object with Spring, and testing a controller MockMvc.