This video summarizes all that has been discussed in this course.
- [Instructor] So where do we go now?…Before we can really talk about where we're going to go next,…let's take a quick look at what we've just accomplished.…We have built a web application…that not only responds to user input,…such as a date selection,…but it also loads the data based on that user input from…the database and dynamically renders it.…We also have built an API capable of serving our raw data…to another system or another service.…
I would highly encourage you to take what we've built today…and go forward with it.…Add the ability to reserve a room for a specific customer.…Maybe consider adding the ability…to register a customer altogether,…or maybe add the ability to show multiple dates at a time…so you can see the extent of an actual reservation.…I also highly encourage you to learn Spring…and continue to learn it.…Spend some time with the getting start guides on…the Spring Framework web site.…
Play with the framework on your own.…After all, it's often much easier to learn something…after you've made mistakes in fighting through it.…
- Creating a project with Spring Initializr
- Examining the Spring Boot skeleton project with Spring Data JPA
- Creating an embedded database for Spring Boot development and testing
- Building a service abstraction
- Using the IoC paradigm in Spring to develop a service layer
- Building a controller
- Testing a controller MockMvc
- Exposing a service layer through REST
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/06/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: creating a project with Spring Initializr, examining the Spring Boot skeleton project, developing a service object with Spring, and testing a controller MockMvc.