This video covers the creation of the embedded database for Spring Boot development and testing, with a description of what will be needed for production releases of the application.
- [Frank] While leveraging an embedded database…is a topic that I've briefly already discussed…I'd like to show you actually…how to leverage that embedded database and configure it.…I'd like you to go ahead and load…the exercise files for this section…and what you will see…if you open up source, main, resources…is there's a couple files that we've added to the project.…We're going to start with the file that's schema.sql.…Now this is our data definition language…for our embedded database.…
You will see that I've added definitions…to create all of the tables…that we will need in this project…as well as foreign key references…as they apply to the relational database.…I would also like you to load the data.sql file.…What you will see is I have pre-written all of the scripts…to populate the database through its DML…in order for us to have data to actually query against…when we show our webpage…and show our services later in the course.…
One other thing I would like to point out…is I've added a property to the application.properties file.…
- Creating a project with Spring Initializr
- Examining the Spring Boot skeleton project with Spring Data JPA
- Creating an embedded database for Spring Boot development and testing
- Building a service abstraction
- Using the IoC paradigm in Spring to develop a service layer
- Building a controller
- Testing a controller MockMvc
- Exposing a service layer through REST
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/06/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: creating a project with Spring Initializr, examining the Spring Boot skeleton project, developing a service object with Spring, and testing a controller MockMvc.