Learn how to develop full-stack apps with Angular 2+ and Spring Boot. Learn how to create a project, make your app responsive, create a data layer, build client-side functionality, test, validate, and more.
- [Instructor] My name is Chris Anatalio and I'm a senior software engineer. I have over a decade of experience crafting scalable modular web applications. Modern application development is more demanding than ever. You need to support mobile and tablet apps as well as web applications. A well built rest API can provide the data to power all three. In this course, we're going to build a rest API with Java and Spring Boot. We will also build a responsive modern front end using Angular JS 2.
We will walk through how to design and model your resources. Finally we will go over how to test and document your API. After completing this course, you will have a solid foundation for creating a modern, scalable API. You will also have a foundation for building a fast, responsive front end. Now, let's get started.
- Setting up a development environment
- Using Spring Initializr
- Running a project in Eclipse
- Configuring an API using Spring JavaConfig
- Testing endpoints using Postman
- Using Angular 2 CLI and npm
- Creating and styling an Angular 2 component
- Configuring a persistence layer with Spring JPA
- Using a REST API GET request
- Implementing a REST API POST request
- Using Spring MVC for server-side data validation
- Unit testing with REST Assured