Join Nate Mars for an in-depth discussion in this video Investigating the world of plugins on Splice, part of Up and Running with Splice.
- In addition to discovering a world of new samples with Splice sounds you can also learn about popular instrument and effects plugins used by the Splice community and projects. Some plugins are also available for free download and for purchase on Splice. To get started visit splice.com/plugins. The first thing that you'll see is a chart of never before seen data of these popular plugins used in projects on Splice. You can discover new plugins by manufacturer, search for plugins in the text field and search by plugin types like Instruments or Effects plugins.
If I click into one of the plugin pages to view a specific plugin, I can also scroll down to see releases that use this plugin in projects, in addition to discovering resources about the plugin itself. You can also discover and download a number of free plugins and purchase tons of others right on Splice. Once you've purchased a plugin or have downloaded a free plugin visit Your Plugins to manage your licenses. I should also mention that not every plugin you see here can be purchased or downloaded for free on Splice.
Some plugins are only available via the manufacturer for now. But this chart shows their usage in Splice projects. Now I'm downloading the installer file for Mac. You can see their Windows installer file is here as well. Once our plugin's downloaded we can easily install it right away. I should note here that every plugin has a different installation process. When you download plugins you also want to read specific steps written by the manufacturer that will tell you how to install this plugin for use on your computer.
Remember, you can visit Your Plugins to re-download all of the plugins you've installed and manage your licenses.
- Creating a Splice account
- Adding your projects to Splice
- Working with collaborators
- Using Splice Sounds
- Discovering popular plugins
- Creating a release using the Splice DNA Player