In the past, images and DataFrames never mixed. In this video, learn how images can be imported into DataFrames.
- [Instructor] In the past, it's been a challenge … working with images in Spark, … as getting images into data frames was difficult. … This has changed with the introduction … of deep learning pipelines. … Deep learning pipelines now include functions … that can load millions of images into a Spark data frame. … In typical Spark fashion, this can be done automatically … in a distributed way. … So let's load an image into a data frame on Spark … and head over to our Databricks notebook. … Now just to make it easier to see, … I'm going to bump up the font on the screen. … So let's upload an image to Databricks. … So I select data. … I select add data. … I select browse. … I head over to my exercise files to the images folder, … and I'm going to select the typewriter. … So we want to make a note of where this file … is stored in Databricks. … So I'm just going to copy that. … So that's /FileStore/tables/typewriter.jpg. … I'm going to copy that path, and now I'm going to go to workspace. …
- Components in the Apache Spark ecosystem
- What is deep learning?
- Using deep learning in Spark
- Working with images in Spark
- Using pre-trained models
- Testing your model
- Deploying models as SQL functions