Join Jonathan Fernandes for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Apache Spark Deep Learning Essential Training.
- [Instructor] There are a couple of deep learning libraries available for Apache Spark. In this course we'll be using the one developed by Databricks and there's a good reason for this. The guys who created Spark and many of the Spark code developers also work for Databricks. This often means cutting edge technology from Databricks finds its way into Apache Spark's main code. We're going to be using Databricks cloud environment to run our notebooks. If you haven't used notebooks before, I'll show you how to get started. You're also welcome to install your version of Spark locally and run the Exercise Files from there. We'll also cover the main concepts we need for deep learning so don't worry if you don't have a lot of experience with it. It would be helpful to have some experience with PySpark so that we can quickly get started using the deep learning library. If you don't have any experience with PySpark, then check out my other course Apache PySpark by Example in the LinkedIn Library as that will help you get started with the basics. The aim of this course is to help you get started using one of the deep learning libraries available for Apache Spark.
- Components in the Apache Spark ecosystem
- What is deep learning?
- Using deep learning in Spark
- Working with images in Spark
- Using pre-trained models
- Testing your model
- Deploying models as SQL functions