Writing down a title of a song once a day keeps your songwritng mind active according to industry pro, Cliff Goldmacher. This tip from his weekly online tutorial will give songwriters a way to always have song ideas handy. A book full of song titles can provide great inspiration. Also, a bookstore is a great place to look for ideas. Book titles make great song titles, too.
- Write down a song title every day.…This keeps your songwriting mind active.…And this way, you'll always have a book of titles you can…refer to if you're short on ideas.…Think of songwriting like a muscle,…and the key is to consistently work that muscle.…And here's a hint, looking for title ideas?…Go to a bookstore, book titles are great for this.…
Listen to the songs Cliff references in the course by subscribing to his Spotify playlist, Cliff's Weekly Songwriting Tips.
- Writing lyrics that are easy to sing
- Putting the message in the chorus
- Being productive at home
- Putting the hook at the end of the chorus
- Keeping rhyme schemes consistent
- Using repetition in melodies
- Making rough recordings
- Reading poetry for inspiration
- Writing at a regular time
- Taking a weekly writing assignment
- Cutting down a song's length
Skill Level Beginner
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.