Join Cliff Goldmacher for an in-depth discussion in this video Welcome, part of One-Minute Weekly Songwriting Tips.
- View Offline
- Sometimes, songwriting can be a little daunting. But if you break the process down to its component parts, it can be much more manageable. I'm Cliff Goldmacher, and welcome to my weekly series of One Minute or So Songwriting Tips. Each week, I'm going to give you a quick tip to hopefully inspire and encourage you to refine your songwriting process. Throughout this series, I'll sometimes reference songs from the Top Ten on the Billboard Hot 100 charts to illustrate my point. You can listen to these songs on YouTube or iTunes, or you can check out this Spotify playlist I've created.
It doesn't matter whether you've written tons of songs or you're about to write your first one. This series has something for you. So, that's it. Be sure to check back each week for a new tip and enjoy.
Listen to the songs Cliff references in the course by subscribing to his Spotify playlist, Cliff's Weekly Songwriting Tips.
- Writing lyrics that are easy to sing
- Putting the message in the chorus
- Being productive at home
- Putting the hook at the end of the chorus
- Keeping rhyme schemes consistent
- Using repetition in melodies
- Making rough recordings
- Reading poetry for inspiration
- Writing at a regular time
- Taking a weekly writing assignment
- Cutting down a song's length