Focusing your creativity can be achieved by setting up a consistent place to write in your home. Songwriting veteran, Cliff Goldmacher, suggests in the weekly online video that even a small desk and chair in a corner of one of your rooms will give you the needed push you might need to sit down and write. Keep your songwriting tools out and easily accessible will improve your motivation.
- Set up a place in your home where you go to write.…This will absolutely focus your creativity.…Having a place to go where you can concentrate…and be creative can be really motivating,…even if it's just a small desk…or a chair in a corner of your living room.…Simply dedicating a space to songwriting will serve…as that little push you might need to actually do it.…Keep your writing tools, like your guitar or your laptop,…et cetera, keep all that stuff out and easily accessible.…It is amazing the difference it can make…to have your guitar out on a stand…versus keeping it in the case.…
Make things as easy as you can for yourself…and you'll be much more likely to dig in and write.…
Listen to the songs Cliff references in the course by subscribing to his Spotify playlist, Cliff's Weekly Songwriting Tips.
- Writing lyrics that are easy to sing
- Putting the message in the chorus
- Being productive at home
- Putting the hook at the end of the chorus
- Keeping rhyme schemes consistent
- Using repetition in melodies
- Making rough recordings
- Reading poetry for inspiration
- Writing at a regular time
- Taking a writing assignment
- Cutting down a song's length
Skill Level Beginner
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.