Building up songwriting edurance comes from writing consistently. Cliff Goldmacher, an experienced songwriter, suggests not waiting for an extended period of free time before sitting down to write. In this weekly online songwriting course, he suggests that writing often and even just a little ever day adds up to a great and productive habit.
- Don't wait until you have a huge block of time…to sit down and write.…Songwriting is hard enough.…Don't add more challenges like trying…to find uninterrupted time.…If you write a little every day,…believe me, it's gonna add up.…Building up songwriting endurance comes with writing…consistently, not writing over huge blocks of time.…Even if it's just a little bit,…you'll eventually develop the habit.…
Listen to the songs Cliff references in the course by subscribing to his Spotify playlist, Cliff's Weekly Songwriting Tips.
- Writing lyrics that are easy to sing
- Putting the message in the chorus
- Being productive at home
- Putting the hook at the end of the chorus
- Keeping rhyme schemes consistent
- Using repetition in melodies
- Making rough recordings
- Reading poetry for inspiration
- Writing at a regular time
- Taking a writing assignment
- Cutting down a song's length
Skill Level Beginner
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.