The next step in the design process is to bring your screens together into user flows to create a prototype. This will be a fully visual and non-functional version of your app that will show stakeholders, as well as developers, how the app will function. This is a good time to get any final feedback before you actually start building your app.
- [Instructor] In order to get a clear direction on design…we often go through a prototype phase.…This is an important phase because it will give you…an idea of what your app will feel like…and allow you to refine the user experience.…The main idea behind rapid prototyping is to fail early.…Which is to say, even though your app doesn't really work,…you'll see how it will look and you can make changes…before you actually write any code.…When you create prototypes will generally depend…on which development methodology you use.…These are the ones we talked about…in the product lifecycle movie.…
In sequential methods this will be done all upfront.…In iterative methods you will sometimes…do this at the beginning of each cycle,…though it's not a bad idea to do a lot of it…upfront for efficiency.…There are a lot of great tools…that can help with this process.…From Adobe XD to Invision to Axure RP.…These tools enable you to take your designs,…add dynamic data and make them interactive.…When you prototype in your process…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.