CTOs spend a lot of time answering messages. Emails. Skype IMs. Slack. Regardless of the tool, it is very important for you to set boundaries, and for you and your team to use these tools effectively. In this video, learn key techniques that will help you maintain productivity while still allowing people to get a hold of you if necessary.
- [Instructor] As I discussed…in the team communications movie,…there is no singular more important thing…in having a productive and efficient team…than communication.…And e-mail and other tools like Slack…have become essential in keeping a team talking.…But there can be a downside to these messaging tools…and this can be something not often talked about…but it deserves discussion.…Let's take a look at our most used app, e-mail.…While e-mail is a great way to send messages and documents,…it's important that it's used correctly.…It is estimated that we spend…between 25 and 45% of our day using e-mail.…
We check our e-mails 36 times per hour…and it takes us 16 minutes to get back on track…after responding to an e-mail.…We're over relying on this technology…to the point where we're addicted and it's wasting our time.…So make sure you and your team only e-mail when necessary.…A study by e-mail experts Mimecast…found that two out of three e-mails were inessential.…Make sure your e-mails are not on that list.…Do this by asking yourself…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.