This video is a discussion of the iOS platform. Here you see how the iOS stack is implemented.
- [Instructor] The Android platform architecture…is built in the same fashion…as the generic smartphone platform architecture.…The Hardware layer represents a device.…Android is installed on phones, tablets,…and a whole host of other devices.…Gartner reported that in Q4 2016,…devices running Android made up more than 80%…of the smartphones sold worldwide.…iOS accounted for nearly all of the rest,…with Windows Phone and Blackberry…essentially representing rounding errors.…
If you are targeting tablets,…Android holds a significant share of the market,…but iOS holds the lion's share.…In addition, you'll find Android and other devices…ranging from smart watches to alarm systems…to your refrigerator.…If you plan to target Android Wear,…Android's smart watch platform,…you'll find useful stats about market share at 9to5Mac.…For info about Android and other devices,…a good example can be found…in Samsung's Family Hub refrigerators.…
The Operating system layer on the Android platform…is layered and includes the Linux kernel,…
- iOS platform architecture
- Generic smartphone app life cycle
- iOS app life cycle
- Object-oriented programming (OOP) and Swift
- Inheritance vs. delegation
- Getting started with Xcode
- Xcode vs. Android Studio
- Creating a simple Swift app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Platform Architectures
iOS platform architecture3m 51s
2. App Life Cycle
3. Programming Language
4. Development Tools
5. Build an App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.