Now that you have your basic wireframes, you are ready to get designers involved. In this video, learn how to work with designers and optimize the process of getting composites, or comps—the mockups of your app screens—designed for you. Learn some key ways to prepare for and manage this process to get the best app for you and your users.
- [Instructor] Once you've done all your analysis…and requirements gathering,…it's time to get working designing the app.…I'm not talking about engineering design.…How you do your architecture and planning…will depend on your app, your environment,…and I'm assuming you already know that.…I'm talking about working with the creatives…to design the user interface.…Let's face it.…Working with designers is completely different…than working with developers.…They are a different breed,…and their process is, by nature,…less structured and more ethereal.…
It's very important to implement the design process…that isn't developer-centric.…If you're lucky and work for a larger company,…it's likely you have a creative director…with whom you'll normally work with.…But in many small to medium sized companies,…you will generally work with a freelance…or in-house designer, or possibly an outside design firm.…In some instances, you may need to hire a designer.…The best way to select them is to see the work they've done.…Sites like Dribbble and Behance…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.