This video extends the discussion on extreme programming (XP) by explaining a few additional XP practices such as test-driven development (TDD), incremental design, continuous integration, short ten-minute builds, pair programming, and continuous refactoring.
- XP teams do test-first development,…which means they do not write any code…before a test for that code is written.…XP teams do incremental design.…This means XP teams start with a good design,…but do not attempt to get all design work done…in the beginning.…Instead, they continue to evolve the design.…Refactoring is an activity that improves maintainability…of code without changing the code's external behavior.…
XP teams spend a good amount of time on refactoring code.…Incremental design also includes refactoring code.…XP practices include a quick build process…of 10 minutes or less that builds the entire codebase…for the product and runs all tests.…This ensures fast feedback on code quality.…This practice adds that builds that take longer…than 10 minutes will not be executed very frequently.…This increases the chances of errors going undetected…for longer periods of time.…
XP discourages build processes that take longer…than 10 minutes to build.…XP teams us pair programming.…This means each workstation has two persons…
- Agile principles
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and rules
- Common myths and misconceptions about agile approaches
- Agile software engineering techniques
- Extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD)
- Kanban for developers
- Limiting work in progress (WIP)
- Scaling the output of agile teams
Skill Level Beginner
Agile at Work: Building Your Agile Teamwith Doug Rose55m 3s Intermediate
DevOps Foundations: Lean and Agilewith Ernest Mueller1h 26m Intermediate
What you should know1m 2s
1. Agile Fundamentals
2. Scrum: The Developer Perspective
3. Agile Software Engineering Techniques
4. Kanban for Developers
5. Scaling Agile
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.