Join Peter Gruenbaum for an in-depth discussion in this video XML solution, part of Learn API Documentation with JSON and XML.
- [Voiceover] Now let's take a look at the solutions…to the trait XML exercises.…This is the XML for the first part,…which shows you the forecast for one day.…The very first line just shows you…that this is an XML file right here.…And then after that you have a daily forecast tag.…This is the start tag and it's matched up…with the end tag down here.…And then each of these is a tag, for example,…date and description and so on.…For things like the maximum temperature,…I added an attribute, a unit equals C…to tell you that it's celsius…and then for wind speed I've got a unit equals KPH…for kilometers per hour.…
But that's pretty much all there is to it.…All right, let's move onto the one for multiple day.…Multiple day is very similar.…Again, you have a line saying that it's XML.…But now we have a forecast tag right here.…And this is going to contain the daily forecast tags.…So we have a start tag up here…and we have an end tag down here.…Within it, we have the daily forecast tag,…which is what you made before,…and we'll have a second one here…
- The purpose of documentation
- Data types
- Structured data
- Writing JSON and XML
- Documenting one-level JSON responses
- Documenting nested JSON responses
- XML attributes and examples
- Documenting XML
- Structuring data documentation
Skill Level Intermediate
Introduction to JSON and XML Documentation
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.