Join Peter Gruenbaum for an in-depth discussion in this video XML challenge, part of Learn API Documentation with JSON and XML.
- [Instructor] Time for a challenge to create a couple of XML files. Again, in industry, you rarely write XML files by hand, but this will give you a chance to understand how they're put together. You'll be creating XML files for weather forecast data, essentially the equivalent files to what you created in the JSON exercise. Follow the instructions in the exercise file. You'll find it in the Exercise Files folder under Chapter 02. It's the file named Create XML Challenge. Read through and try the exercise.
After you're done, watch the next video to see how I solved it.
- The purpose of documentation
- Data types
- Structured data
- Writing JSON and XML
- Documenting one-level JSON responses
- Documenting nested JSON responses
- XML attributes and examples
- Documenting XML
- Structuring data documentation
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
Technical Writing: Reportswith Judy Steiner-Williams2h 30m Appropriate for all
Introduction to JSON and XML Documentation
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.