Join Tom Duffy for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Learning iOS for Android Developers.
- [Instructor] For this course, you should have basic knowledge of Android development. We'll be comparing the iOS development process to that of Android, so we'll be covering the basics of both platforms to form a basis for the comparison. It will be helpful if you've used Android Studio previously, but if not, don't worry. We'll be covering what's needed to compare Android Studio to XCode. If you're interested in taking a deeper look at any of the material covered in this course, we have courses in the library available to you.
- iOS platform architecture
- Generic smartphone app life cycle
- iOS app life cycle
- Object-oriented programming (OOP) and Swift
- Inheritance vs. delegation
- Getting started with Xcode
- Xcode vs. Android Studio
- Creating a simple Swift app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Platform Architectures
iOS platform architecture3m 12s
2. App Life Cycle
3. Programming Language
4. Development Tools
5. Build an App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.