Get an overview of the course and find out how to think like an engineer.
- [Instructor] This course is for everyone. If you are interested in knowing about coding and what it's like to program something, you will get quite a lot out of this course. I'm not going to show you how to literally make an app or a website, but we'll talk about the certain types of thinking that goes in to them. As well as how computer scientists approach certain problems. This can be helpful if you are just starting out, or if you've been coding for a while. You've probably heard of some random programming language, but you don't know how to use, or why you would even need it. In this course, I will also go through several different popular coding languages, and what they are typically used to make.
This is a good course to take before you dive into a lengthy coding video that you aren't even sure will be helpful. We'll broadly look at some different topics from computer science, and depending on what interests you you can explore different courses in the library.
- How to approach problems
- Things to consider when preparing to program
- Overview of common coding languages
- How to think like a mobile app developer
- The importance of planning
- Breaking problems into smaller chunks
- How to think like a data scientist
- The importance of code efficiency
- Organizing code with color-coding and comments