In this video, Emmanuel Henri introduces what AR is and also explains the differences in between AR and VR.
- You may have heard about AR.…It's one of the popular buzzword…that seems to be everywhere, much like VR.…But what is really the difference between all those R's?…AR, VR, et cetera.…So let me clarify this for you.…AR is short for augmented reality,…where we enhance or augment the real world environment…we're in, with computer generated elements.…So for example, when you look at this room,…AR might add elements such as furniture, or accessories,…or you can essentially see what it would look like…in place before you commit to buying it.…
So what's the difference between VR and AR?…The short answer is they are completely different.…In VR, or virtual reality, you are fully immersed…in a virtual world, completely disconnected from reality.…There is no trace of the user's real environment.…The user might physically be in their living room,…but through VR they might be fighting aliens in deep space.…As opposed to AR where you are still using elements of real…life and adding CGI elements that aren't really there,…like a Pokemon in the middle of the road.…
- What is AR?
- Examples of AR in action
- Four traits of successful AR applications
- Initial questions that occur while planning an AR project
- Interactions for AR
- Sizing the elements of an AR scene
- Methods for monetizing an AR application
- Unreal Engine and Unity