Learn about the basics of IoT/M2M device management, and discover how to build smart objects that are easy to maintain and troubleshoot.
- [Ryan] Hi, I'm Ryan Hu. I'm a professor and engineer. This course explores device management for IoT with countless smart objects being deployed for various vertical applications. We expect to make them easy to use, maintained, and take notes, as well as reliably operational in a manageable way. We'll begin by exploring the basics of device management, including the architecture, key functionalities, key standards, and the protocols.
Then, we'll cover the representative standards for IoT device management. Lightweight m to m and the one m to m. I'll demonstrate how to build a solution based on these standards, and how to use the commercial IoT platforms. I'm excited to share that with you now.
- Classes of manageable devices
- IoT device management basics
- System architecture
- Device management functionalities
- Typical device management standards
- Message transfer protocols
- OMA LightweightM2M standard
- Building your LwM2M solution with Leshan
- oneM2M standard
- Building your oneM2M solution with OM2M
- Using IBM Watson IoT Platform
- Using Microsoft Azure IoT Hub
- Using the Xively IoT platform