Discover what coding interviews are like and how to prepare for them. Review useful concepts that can help you master your interview, followed by practice problems that test what you know.
- [Instructor] Welcome! In this course, you're going to learn the most important set of skills that you need to be ready for coding interviews with technology companies, large and small. My name is YK, and in the past, I've worked as a software developer and a data scientist at various software companies, including Google and Microsoft. So, why should you care about coding interviews in the first place? First of all, coding interviews are becoming more and more common for software development jobs, and even if you're not looking for a job right now, practicing for coding interviews is also a great way to become a better programmer in general.
In this course, I'm going to give you a quick introduction to coding interviews. What they're like, and how to start preparing for them. After that, the structure of this course is going to be a review of a concept, followed by some practice problems. The concepts I'm going to cover in this course include, strings, two dimensional arrays, hash tables, time complexity, and Big O notation. I chose these topics because they are the most useful concepts to master for coding interviews.
And, at the end, I'm going to give you a few tips for acing your interviews. This course is good for beginners and intermediate programmers as an introduction. But it's also designed for experienced programmers and advanced computer science students as a refresher, and a good way to practice coding interview problems. So, let's get started.
Follow YK Sugishita as he explains what to keep in mind as you prepare for coding interviews. YK covers useful concepts that can help you master your interview, followed by practice problems that test what you know. YK reviews key concepts such as two-dimensional arrays, time complexity, Big-O notation, and hash tables. To wrap up, he shares a few tips for acing your interview, such as how to come up with an optimal solution. Even if you're not prepping for an upcoming job interview, tackling the coding problems covered in this course is a great way to sharpen your programming skills.
- Honing your problem-solving skills
- Preparing for a coding interview
- Using Jupyter Notebook for sample problems in Python
- Using arrays to solve interview problems
- Working with and comparing strings
- Using two-dimensional arrays
- Learning the importance of time complexity in code
- Using Big-O notation to describe the time complexity of code
- Using hash tables and Python dictionaries in Python
- Asking clarifying questions during your interview
- Finding the most efficient solutions to problems
- Testing your proposed code solutions