In this video, Emmanuel Henri goes deeper into what brings value to an AR application and then covers what questions to ask yourself.
- [Instructor] Bringing value to a user is by far…the most important factor, in your AR application,…or any application for any device, or type of media.…It's the reason the user will either…spend time with your app,…or will perhaps open it once, and then delete it.…So let's explore this together.…How can we really define value when it comes to AR?…Because we are working within the constraints of a user's…real environment and enhancing it,…what value can truly be added?…Let's take a look at the few areas where value can be…clearly defined and provided.…
One area is when you're making a task easier,…faster, more efficient or possibly eliminating steps…to get to the same result.…Perhaps you're providing information that will make it…easier to complete steps in a task,…such as a contractor who needs to…quickly create a floor plan for a job-site,…using an app like PLNR.…Another example is when someone planning to buy a tattoo…can try it out, and see what it would look like…in the desired place on their body,…using an app called Ink Hunter.…
- What is AR?
- Examples of AR in action
- Four traits of successful AR applications
- Initial questions that occur while planning an AR project
- Interactions for AR
- Sizing the elements of an AR scene
- Methods for monetizing an AR application
- Unreal Engine and Unity