This video explains the definition and characteristics of a user story and key components of a user story template. It continues to explain how user stories facilitate conversations between the development team and business stakeholders. The video also includes brief conversation on what Ron Jeffries described as the three Cs mean of a user story.
- A user story is a simple and concise…way of expressing product requirements.…A user story is typically written…on an index card or sticky note,…but there are also some digital tools…available to capture user stories.…Let's take a look at an example.…"As a fitness club member, I should be able…to view my payment history so I know how I am being billed."…If we dissect this user's story,…we will see that is has three parts.…
The first part, "As a fitness club member"…shows a user category, or user role,…that will benefit from this user's story.…The second part of the user's story,…"I should be able to view my payment history,"…shows what the user category wants the system to do.…The third part, "Know how I am being billed,"…presents the reason why the user category…wants the system to provide this functionality.…
This three-part format is the most…popular template for user's stories.…User's stories are great at identifying…different categories of users that will benefit…from the system that is being built.…Our fitness center's system would have…
- Agile principles
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and rules
- Common myths and misconceptions about agile approaches
- Agile software engineering techniques
- Extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD)
- Kanban for developers
- Limiting work in progress (WIP)
- Scaling the output of agile teams
Skill Level Beginner
Agile at Work: Building Your Agile Teamwith Doug Rose1h 4m Intermediate
DevOps Foundations: Lean and Agilewith Ernest Mueller1h 26m Beginner
What you should know1m 2s
1. Agile Fundamentals
2. Scrum: The Developer Perspective
3. Agile Software Engineering Techniques
4. Kanban for Developers
5. Scaling Agile
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.