In this video, Dave Westerveld shares the approach he took to mapping out the layout of an API.
(calming music)…- [Instructor] Okay so I asked you…to explore an API and hopefully…you've taken a little time to do that on you're own.…But now let's take a look at how I approached it.…So we are start on the main page here,…and there's this URL down here so I'll just copy this…and I'm going to put it over in Postman to try this out,…we'll send that and we can see that we get back…down here a message that includes a link to an image.…
So I wonder if we can use this,…let's just copy this and let's put it in here…and see what happens if we do that call.…And there we go,…we got back the image,…so this is another path that we can use to get…information from our API.…All right so now let's go back to the documentation.…So I'm going to take this URL here and let's…do that one next,…so let's copy it and put it into Postman.…
We will send that and you can see here in Postman…we've gotten back a whole long list of different…breeds of dogs that are available.…One thing that's interesting to note here as we…scroll through this list is that some of these dogs…
- Reviewing API terminology
- Mitigating risks related to testing APIs
- Mapping out the layout of an API
- API authorization and authentication
- Finding and using bearer tokens
- Testing GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE calls
- Using mocks, stubs, and fakes in API testing
- Testing microservices and the Internet of Things
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services and APIs
2. Getting Started with API Testing
3. API Authorization
Using OAuth tokens3m 28s
4. Hands-on API Testing
5. Additional API Testing Considerations
Next steps3m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.