Learn how to incorporate different kinds of software testing into your development cycle to help your team meet quality goals with every release.
- Nothing is more frustrating than trying to use software that simply does not work. Quality assurance exists to prevent these negative experiences, but have you ever wondered what quality assurance means, or what the role of a QA involves? and show what skills are necessary to succeed in a career in quality assurance. I'll start by explaining the role a QA plays and what responsibilities they typically have. Then I'll describe how to plan and execute different kinds of testing a QA performs, and share processes for how to manage bugs. I'll also share tips on how a QA can effectively communicate and collaborate with their team keeping quality at the top of mind. I'm Meaghan Lewis, and I'm a QA engineer with nearly a decade of experience in the field. I am passionate about software testing and enjoy speaking, blogging, and teaching about the subject. So join me on my LinkedIn learning course as we discover the foundation of quality assurance.
- How QA fits into the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Setting expectations and goals
- Making a test plan
- Incorporating box testing into your process
- Executing manual testing
- Leveraging UI automation testing
- Identifying, reporting, and prioritizing bugs