This video explains the five scrum values of focus, respect, openness, courage, and commitment. It throws light on how scrum values are related to the scrum pillars and the ability of the scrum teams to inspect and adapt and stay productive.
- Five goal values were added to the Scrum guide in 2013,…focus, respect, openness, courage, and commitment.…These values represent more than just the idea…that it is important to do the right thing.…Scrum encourages and to some extent enforces…adoption of these values…because of the way Scrum is defined.…Scrum events are time-boxed.…They have an upper time limit,…and if you are not time-boxing your events…to the prescribed limits,…you are not practicing Scrum.…
This helps the Scrum team and stakeholders…stay focused on the job at hand.…Scrum teams respect team conflicts…and the right of their customer to change their minds.…Constructive disagreements are actually encouraged.…Scrum teams are open to sharing details…of their work in progress,…which aligns with the transparency pillar of TIA.…They are open to trying new approaches…and adjusting their plan…as they gain more evidence and experience.…
It takes courage to inspect and adapt…your approach and output,…which may reveal flaws or inefficiencies.…The Scrum team not only does this…
- Agile principles
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and rules
- Common myths and misconceptions about agile approaches
- Agile software engineering techniques
- Extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD)
- Kanban for developers
- Limiting work in progress (WIP)
- Scaling the output of agile teams
Skill Level Beginner
Agile at Work: Building Your Agile Teamwith Doug Rose1h 4m Intermediate
DevOps Foundations: Lean and Agilewith Ernest Mueller1h 26m Beginner
What you should know1m 2s
1. Agile Fundamentals
2. Scrum: The Developer Perspective
3. Agile Software Engineering Techniques
4. Kanban for Developers
5. Scaling Agile
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.