This video explains the scrum role of scrum master as an agile coach and mentor for the development team and product owner. it provides additional details on the scrum master's role in addressing impediments and Scrum adoption at the enterprise level.
- The Scrum master is the Scrum expert.…They are the Scrum and agile coach for the product owner,…the development team,…and the enterprise at large.…Their job is to coach all involved…to understand and effectively apply Scrum.…Also, the Scrum master helps to resolve…any issues experienced by the development team…or product owner.…The Scrum master facilitates the process…by addressing impediments or obstacles…that prevent the development team…from getting their job done.…
The Scrum master can work with the product owner…or escalate the matter to those outside the Scrum team,…such as executive management,…or they can just facilitate the problem-solving process…so the development team resolves the problem internally.…The Scrum master also coaches the product owner…to make sure they understand their role…and how to manage the product backlog.…Most organizations adopt Scrum at an enterprise level.…
The Scrum master works with other Scrum masters…within the organization…to advocate the adoption of Scrum company-wide.…
- Agile principles
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and rules
- Common myths and misconceptions about agile approaches
- Agile software engineering techniques
- Extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD)
- Kanban for developers
- Limiting work in progress (WIP)
- Scaling the output of agile teams
Skill Level Beginner
Agile at Work: Building Your Agile Teamwith Doug Rose1h 4m Intermediate
DevOps Foundations: Lean and Agilewith Ernest Mueller1h 26m Intermediate
What you should know1m 2s
1. Agile Fundamentals
2. Scrum: The Developer Perspective
3. Agile Software Engineering Techniques
4. Kanban for Developers
5. Scaling Agile
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.