This video explains the scrum role of product owner and how they help the scrum teams prioritize work and maximize delivery of business value.
- Now let's take a closer look…at the different scrum team roles.…The first role is the product owner…who represents the business stakeholders…and defines what needs to be built…and in what order,…the what is defined in the product backlog.…A product owner is an individual…and not a committee.…They represent the vision…and direction of the stakeholders.…Product owners can be influenced by the stakeholders…or scrum team members,…but they have the final say on decisions…about what needs to be built.…
Anyone on the scrum team can change the product backlog,…but they must do it with the product owner's knowledge.…The product owner is accountable for the contents…and order of items in the product backlog.…The product owner interacts…with the other scrum team members,…stakeholders, and management.…They have the knowledge and authority…to be the person that decides…what ultimately needs to be built.…The product owner is responsible…for communicating product backlog items clearly…and providing clarification on those items…
- Agile principles
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and rules
- Common myths and misconceptions about agile approaches
- Agile software engineering techniques
- Extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD)
- Kanban for developers
- Limiting work in progress (WIP)
- Scaling the output of agile teams
Skill Level Beginner
Agile at Work: Building Your Agile Teamwith Doug Rose1h 4m Intermediate
DevOps Foundations: Lean and Agilewith Ernest Mueller1h 26m Beginner
What you should know1m 2s
1. Agile Fundamentals
2. Scrum: The Developer Perspective
3. Agile Software Engineering Techniques
4. Kanban for Developers
5. Scaling Agile
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.