This video describes the scrum role of development team member. It also explains key characteristics of scrum development teams such as being cross-functional and the ability to self-organize. It adds key activities performed by the development team such as converting backlog items to working product increments and interactions with the product owner and scrum master.
- Just like the product owner…defines what needs to be built,…the development team defines how those items…will be converted into an iteration of the working product.…The development team is cross-functional.…They can write code, design, test,…produce documentation,…and do whatever is necessary…to convert a set of product backlog items…into a potentially shippable product increment…at the end of each stage.…
The development team's recommended size…is between three and nine people.…Sometimes the product owner and scrum master…also perform the duties of a development team member,…but if they don't, they are not included in this count.…Scrum does not prescribe whether or not…development team members should be a specialist,…but development team members with multiple skills…are generally preferred over specialized individuals.…The development team is self-organized.…
The team figures out how to do their work…with minimal interference from the outside.…This fosters creativity and accountability.…In fact, all sprint backlog items…
- Agile principles
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and rules
- Common myths and misconceptions about agile approaches
- Agile software engineering techniques
- Extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD)
- Kanban for developers
- Limiting work in progress (WIP)
- Scaling the output of agile teams
Skill Level Beginner
Agile at Work: Building Your Agile Teamwith Doug Rose55m 3s Intermediate
DevOps Foundations: Lean and Agilewith Ernest Mueller1h 26m Intermediate
What you should know1m 2s
1. Agile Fundamentals
2. Scrum: The Developer Perspective
3. Agile Software Engineering Techniques
4. Kanban for Developers
5. Scaling Agile
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.