Many technical people loathe meetings, but meetings are the lifeblood of any organization—it is a quick way to communicate between groups of people. In this video, learn how to host efficient meetings and present your information as effectively as possible. There are different types of meetings you can have, and you will need to be able to take charge and make sure that objectives are met so people can get what they need and get back to work.
- [Voiceover] No matter how you slice it,…management is about meetings.…Brace yourself because you will have a lot of them.…It's estimated that there are up…to 50 million meetings every day in the U.S.…and statistically as a CTO in upper management,…you will spend over 50% of your time in them.…But while meetings can be extremely helpful,…a Verizon study found that about 30%…were between only somewhat effective…and a total fail.…If you're going to spend 50% of your time in meetings,…you don't want them to fail.…
So here are a few tips to make them more efficient.…Here's a funny thought, maybe you need more meetings.…One of the reason why meetings fail…is that they're too long.…People end up distracted, sleeping…or simply not engaging.…Meetings are too long when you have to much to cover.…So, meeting more often ensures you can focus…on the topic at hand and be done quickly.…When you have a meeting about a project,…it's important to have the right people there.…Too often, a meeting is held to discuss a project…and that digresses in to a conversation…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.