Join Dennis Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Researching localization targets, part of Localization for Developers.
- Let's talk about identifying, assessing,…and ultimately developing for new international markets.…There are a number of ways to identify…potential localization targets.…If you're at a big company, you probably have analysts…who are doing market research to determine this.…But if you're at a smaller company,…or doing this on your own,…there are a few places you can start before you…get into doing full-out analysis of your own.…Firstly, you want to listen to your users.…
If you receive emails to customer support,…feedback on your website, or even comments…in your app reviews that are asking…when your product will be available…in a particular language, listen.…If you have a large number of requests…for a particular language,…even if they're written in English,…add them to your list for consideration.…Nextly, you want to watch your numbers.…One similar phenomenon you may see…is an elevated number of users…from an area you haven't localized for.…
If, for example, you have an IOS app…on Apple's App Store, you get breakdowns…
- Timing internationalization and localization efforts
- Researching localization targets
- Evaluating and localizing text
- Internationalizing media
- Converting to Unicode
- Supporting right-to-left languages
- Working with translators
- Testing your localization
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Internationalization and Localization
2. Internationalizing Content
Internationalizing media9m 25s
3. Internationalizing a GUI
4. Managing Localization
5. Modifying Your Quality-Assurance Strategy
Next steps2m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.