Research and development is an important part of every technical organization. You will need to make sure that you are up to date on the latest technologies as they relate to your business. You will be responsible for ensuring that your team has the latest tools, and you should always be testing new apps and new features for your existing apps.
- [Teacher] It is absolutely imperative…that you stay current on tech trends.…This is not the same as being innovative.…This is understanding what's happening and changing…in the world of tech,…both at a macro level and at a micro level.…Again, there are two levels of this, you and your team.…Make sure your team is given the ability…to stay on top of tools…and advancements in their environments.…Much of this is allocating work time to education.…Encourage them to go to local user groups,…to take courses online and off, to participate in forums…for Ruby or Note or whatever tech they use…and otherwise staying on top of what's going on.…
Sending employees to conferences…is a great way to keep them on top of things…and also give them a reward…and some time away from the day-to-day work.…Throughout this course,…I've talked about unstructured time for developers.…This can be another outlet, the development spike.…Instead of building a new app,…they can try retooling an app in a different framework…or building an app testing a new library…
- Hiring a great team
- Enhancing team communications
- Creating a product roadmap
- Capturing and using data and analytics
- Identifying key performance indicators
- Choosing which platform to use
- Managing the product life cycle (PLC)
- Taking feedback
- Public speaking
- Running efficient meetings
- Marketing and launching products
- Growing and scaling
- Managing crises
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
1. Your Team
2. Product Management
4. Development and the Product Life Cycle
5. Marketing and Communication
6. Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.